POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses? (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses?
Date: 11 Jan 2010 08:11:59
Message: <4b4b239f$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/8/2010 5:43 AM, Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

> Through the red lens, light coming from the cyan parts is filtered out,
> therefore the cyan parts are visible in black. Light coming from the red
> parts and light coming from the white parts should in theory end up at
> exactly the same color, thus you can't distinguish the red parts when
> you look through the red lens.

That is the theory, at least, but there are also a couple factors to
consider: The filters ( if it's and LCD screen ) or phosphors ( if it's
a CRT screen) May not exactly match the red of  the glasses. The glasses
themselves may allow a certain amount of green or even blue to pass. I
think you're spot on in using a dimmer gray background:

What you may want to do as an experiment is set up an image where you
have a red line (and what the heck! A cyan line, too!) and tweak the
background color until the red line blends completely with the white
background (the do the same with Cyan, eventually you will need to make
some sort of compromise between to do. Then you have what you will need
to balance out the anaglyph and get the ideal filtration.

--
~Mike