POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome programming tool Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Awesome programming tool (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Darren New
Subject: Awesome programming tool
Date: 10 Sep 2009 13:47:47
Message: <4aa93bc3@news.povray.org>
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~NatProg/movies/whyline-java-demo-web.mov
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Awesome programming tool
Date: 10 Sep 2009 21:35:00
Message: <web.4aa9a8f9578f93281adce4bf0@news.povray.org>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~NatProg/movies/whyline-java-demo-web.mov

Truthfully! :D

Could have helped you with the hairy Makefile from a while ago.  How did that go
BTW?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 10 Sep 2009 22:01:47
Message: <4aa9af8b$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Could have helped you with the hairy Makefile from a while ago.  How did that go
> BTW?

We fobbed it off on someone who has wrassled it before. :-)

Now I'm tracing thru C and C++ programs. Fortunately, these (VLC and Qt)
were written by people who seem a bit competent, so you can actually read
the code. :-)

It's much harder to figure out what's going on in a C++ program, I'm
finding, if only because it's much harder to figure out where the flow of
control goes. That's not uncommon for OO languages, but I don't think I have
the right tools to deal with it for C++.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)