POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid drivers Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid drivers (Message 41 to 45 of 45)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Stupid drivers
Date: 28 Jun 2009 03:46:45
Message: <4a471fe5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> But then couldn't someone say, "You have a law against texting, so I
>> knew that
>> was bad, but there's no law against doing my tie so I didn't know it was
>> dangerous?"
>
> You can't legislate away stupidity. :-)

Exactly, so why try to outlaw every individual stupid action?  Why not
just say, "Drivers need to pay attention, and not do things that are
likely to distract them?"

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jun 2009 04:34:24
Message: <4a472b10$1@news.povray.org>
> Why not
> just say, "Drivers need to pay attention, and not do things that are
> likely to distract them?"

Because then you have extensive arguments about whether X is really a
"distraction" or not.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/