POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ExpressCard question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  ExpressCard question (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: triple r
Subject: ExpressCard question
Date: 8 Apr 2009 20:50:01
Message: <web.49dd453947c96daf63a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
Sorry to ask such a random question here, but my searches haven't turned up
anything yet.  So here's the situation:

We have a setup at work that connects via ExpressCard 54.  Of course the card
comes in an ExpressCard 34 version also, but this wasn't necessary until I
showed up with a laptop that only has an ExpressCard 34 slot.  At $300, we'd
rather not buy another card that does the same thing.  According to
expresscard.org, "both modules use the same 26 contact connector, so your
computer is not even aware of which size of module has been inserted."

Is there really no way to connect an ExpressCard 54 to an ExpressCard 34 slot?
I don't care if it sticks out a foot and looks hideous; if it's less than $300,
then it's worth it.  My search for an adapter hasn't turned up anything.  Is it
just me or is this lack of compatibility kinda pointless?

 - Ricky