POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bundled IE Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Bundled IE (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: Bundled IE
Date: 8 Mar 2009 01:49:42
Message: <49b36a86$1@news.povray.org>
Can someone explain to me why any browser "vendor" cares that IE is bundled?
Firefox doesn't advertise at me nor cost money to buy or use, and AFAIK
neither does Chrome. So what does Google (for example) get out of forcing MS
to not put IE icons on the desktop?  Is there a competitive advantage to
google by having customers using firefox instead of IE?  Or is it just
trying to cost Microsoft money that's the advantage?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> advantage to google by having customers using firefox instead of IE?

No, but there is if they use Chrome.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

>> advantage to google by having customers using firefox instead of IE?
>
> No, but there is if they use Chrome.

Why? That's my question. What's in chrome that benefits Google? Isn't google
going to have to support IE anyway?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)