POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TDD vs PbC Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  TDD vs PbC (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Darren New
Subject: TDD vs PbC
Date: 1 Mar 2009 19:18:27
Message: <49ab25d3@news.povray.org>
Is Test-driven design really any better or worse than programming by
contract? What are the benefits of it?  It seems TDD is just "separate your
code into functional-and-thus-testable pieces and mock up the parts you
can't specify", which would seem perfect for programming by contract.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Is Test-driven design really any better or worse than programming by
> contract? What are the benefits of it? It seems TDD is just "separate
> your code into functional-and-thus-testable pieces and mock up the parts
> you can't specify", which would seem perfect for programming by contract.

I wasn't aware that the two were mutually exclusive.

Programming by contract creates the specification for your code.
TDD ensures that your code meets that specification.

Or am I missing something?

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com