POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  you & me right now, warp (Message 81 to 90 of 175)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: you & me right now, warp
Date: 17 Feb 2009 13:57:10
Message: <499b0886@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> No, but I *am* the only person on the Haskell mailing list having
>>> this problem.
>>
>> Can you say "Clique?" Good! I knew you could!
>
> Uh... I realise this is probably orthoganol to the point you were trying
> to make, but... actually no, I can't. I have no idea what that means.

Clique -- A close-knit, usually exclusionary, group.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Feb 2009 13:59:36
Message: <499b0918$1@news.povray.org>
> Clique -- A close-knit, usually exclusionary, group.

Oh. Right.

How the heck do you pronounce that?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 17 Feb 2009 14:04:06
Message: <499b0a26$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Clique -- A close-knit, usually exclusionary, group.
>
> Oh. Right.
>
> How the heck do you pronounce that?

Click

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 17 Feb 2009 14:14:51
Message: <499b0cab@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Clique -- A close-knit, usually exclusionary, group.
>>
>> Oh. Right.
>>
>> How the heck do you pronounce that?
>>

> Click

  LOL :)

  ~Steve~

> --
> ~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Feb 2009 14:16:59
Message: <499b0d2b$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:45:20 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> That still doesn't explain why I'm the only one having this problem.
>
>> You aren't the only one in the entire world having this problem.
>
> No, but I *am* the only person on the Haskell mailing list having this
> problem.

That you know of.  And if you are, so what?  Ignore the assholes and talk
to the others.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Feb 2009 14:35:07
Message: <499b116b@news.povray.org>
>>> You aren't the only one in the entire world having this problem.
>> No, but I *am* the only person on the Haskell mailing list having this
>> problem.
>
> That you know of.  And if you are, so what?  Ignore the assholes and talk
> to the others.

But when the "assholes" are actually smart people who's opinions you
respect and who you want to be liked by, that's not so easy...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> But when the "assholes" are actually smart people who's opinions you
> respect and who you want to be liked by, that's not so easy...

Unfortunately, smart people can be assholes, too.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> But when the "assholes" are actually smart people who's opinions you
>> respect and who you want to be liked by, that's not so easy...
>
> Unfortunately, smart people can be assholes, too.

That still leaves the question of "why is it only me?"

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:35:11 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> No, but I *am* the only person on the Haskell mailing list having this
>>> problem.
>>
>> That you know of.  And if you are, so what?  Ignore the assholes and
>> talk to the others.
>
> But when the "assholes" are actually smart people who's opinions you
> respect and who you want to be liked by, that's not so easy...

Surprise, assholism isn't just the pervue of the stupid.  Brilliant
people can be assholes as well.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:47:27 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> But when the "assholes" are actually smart people who's opinions you
>>> respect and who you want to be liked by, that's not so easy...
>>
>> Unfortunately, smart people can be assholes, too.
>
> That still leaves the question of "why is it only me?"

Perhaps you're just assuming it's only you.

Jim