POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  you & me right now, warp (Message 111 to 120 of 175)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: you & me right now, warp
Date: 20 Feb 2009 04:08:32
Message: <499e7310$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Oh. Right.
>>>
>>> How the heck do you pronounce that?
>>>

>> Click
>>

> I always thought it was more "cleek," like "cheek."

Wogan seems to think it's clack.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 Feb 2009 04:09:55
Message: <499e7363$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

>>> LOL
>>
>> *bows*
>>
>> 10 points for naming the source.
>>

> Here, let me google that for you... ;)
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22one+dry+potato+inside%22
> http://tinyurl.com/ck9wt6
>
> In either case, it's the second link.

You needed Google for that? :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 Feb 2009 04:42:27
Message: <nmusp41a25p9fv3go9cehaomkvbkspojbg@4ax.com>
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:08:31 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> Click
>>>

>> I always thought it was more "cleek," like "cheek."
>
>Wogan seems to think it's clack.

Terry Wogan is Irish in case you hadn't noticed.
I understand that it is pronounced "cleek" but there is a word to describe
partisan opera fans that sounds like "clack" I don't know how it is spelt but I
don't think it is Clique.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Clique -- A close-knit, usually exclusionary, group.
>
> Oh. Right.
>
> How the heck do you pronounce that?

Wikipedia claims it's /'kliːk/ (i.e, "kleek"). Obviously Wikipedia is
never wrong.

Post a reply to this message

>>> *bows*
>>>
>>> 10 points for naming the source.
>>>

>> Here, let me google that for you... ;)
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22one+dry+potato+inside%22
>> http://tinyurl.com/ck9wt6
>>
>> In either case, it's the second link.
>
> You needed Google for that? :-P

You can only know that sort of thing without something like Google if
you were born in a certain period or in a certain country or had a
certain group of friends and/or any combination of that. For me, I don't
think I ever heard of that band, nor that 'song'.
Yesterday evening and this morning I was listening to songs and music by
Hildegard von Bingen. I would not blame you if you don't know who that
is. She died a bit before you were born. Then again you might have had
the right sort of friends some day. But I am sure there are people here
that don't have to resort to Google to estimate how much 'a bit' is.

Post a reply to this message