POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeremy Blake's animation at MOMA Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Jeremy Blake's animation at MOMA (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Jeremy Blake's animation at MOMA
Date: 9 Dec 2007 20:25:00
Message: <web.475c952f241320e34d207310@news.povray.org>
This is the piece I saw at MOMA. I was actually in a rush so I didn't sit to
enjoy the full 20 minutes of this animation-- I just saw a few seconds of the
bubbles scene "page 3 of 3" on that site.  I'll have to explore in more detail
both this (late) man's work, and frankly, how he went about getting in the
door. ;-)

http://www.ktfgallery.com/artists/jeremy_blake/?heading_id=51&project_id=17

"While Blake's sequences have capitalized on the potential for layering that has
been built into certain computer applications, blobs have resulted from the
nearly continuous updating of 3-D modeling software, which has provided the
means to articulate seemingly loose, undulation structures; the program's
capacity for rendering unique forms and for extracting new variations from
existing specifications has exploded the conventions of environmental design
and perspectival space- the grid is dented, stretched, and twisted as the
projection of three dimensions is manipulated by either on-screen tools or
various algorithm"

http://www.ktfgallery.com/artists/jeremy_blake/?show=press&pressid=58

I haven't figured out what he was using.  Googling
"povray site:http://www.ktfgallery.com/artists/jeremy_blake/?show=press"
yielded no hits.