POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render (Message 35 to 44 of 54)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render
Date: 27 Oct 2007 19:31:11
Message: <4723ca3f@news.povray.org>
> My memory of the algorithm is that you could build it in a way that let
> the areas with lots of detail have finer resolution than the areas with
> less detail, and still get all the benefits of the "real" radiosity
> algoritm. Am I mistaken here?

  I suppose that if you are calculating the lightmaps into something else
than bitmaps you could do adaptive supersampling (ie. if two adjacent samples
differ too much, take an additional sample in-between). I also suppose that
if you do that you lose the efficiency of having lightmaps as bitmaps...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message