POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'll bite... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  I'll bite... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: I'll bite...
Date: 19 Jun 2009 12:17:36
Message: <4a3bba20$1@news.povray.org>
WTF language is this?

static struct platform_driver s3c2410fb_driver = {
.probe = s3c2410fb_probe,
.remove = s3c2410fb_remove,
.suspend = s3c2410fb_suspend,
.resume = s3c2410fb_resume,
.driver = {
.name = "s3c2410-lcd",
.owner = THIS_MODULE,
},
};

Is that some C extension GCC implemented or something? Or is that part of
C++ I don't remember ever seeing before?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

> Is that some C extension GCC implemented or something? Or is that part of
> C++ I don't remember ever seeing before?

Search for 'C99 designated initializers'

Regards,
Slawek
--
  ________

 \__ \__ \_______________________________________________________________

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 19 Jun 2009 16:25:12
Message: <4a3bf428@news.povray.org>
S??awomir Szczyrba <cre### [at] ofthenight> wrote:
> Search for 'C99 designated initializers'

  The next C++ standard will (as far as I know) not implement designated
initializers. However, it will enhance initialization lists in other ways.
For example, it will be possible to do things like this:

    std::vector<int> v = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 };

or like this:

    struct A { int i; double d; };

    A foo() { return { 1, 2.5 }; }

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 19 Jun 2009 17:36:38
Message: <4a3c04e6$1@news.povray.org>
> WTF language is this?
>
> static struct platform_driver s3c2410fb_driver = {
> .probe = s3c2410fb_probe,
> .remove = s3c2410fb_remove,
> .suspend = s3c2410fb_suspend,
> .resume = s3c2410fb_resume,
> .driver = {
> .name = "s3c2410-lcd",
> .owner = THIS_MODULE,
> },
> };
>
> Is that some C extension GCC implemented or something? Or is that part of
> C++ I don't remember ever seeing before?

Linux Core... I think that's C,
there's probably some preprocessor macro stuff going on.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jun 2009 18:21:36
Message: <4a3c0f70$1@news.povray.org>
SÅ‚awomir Szczyrba wrote:
> Search for 'C99 designated initializers'

Cool. That's it. Thanks!

(Not that it was hard to figure out what it meant, mind. :-)