POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No man on the moon? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  No man on the moon? (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: No man on the moon?
Date: 25 Apr 2010 05:16:48
Message: <4bd40880@news.povray.org>
Am 25.04.2010 10:41, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> One might argue that the difference between a magician and a conspiracy
> theorists is that few magicians believe that their tricks are real magic
> (regardless of what they tell everybody else). ;-)

I often get the feeling that the book-writing and DVD-selling subset of
conspiracy theorists /do/ know that they're selling crap.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Apr 2010 05:36:30
Message: <4bd40d1e$1@news.povray.org>
>> One might argue that the difference between a magician and a conspiracy
>> theorists is that few magicians believe that their tricks are real magic
>> (regardless of what they tell everybody else). ;-)
>
> I often get the feeling that the book-writing and DVD-selling subset of
> conspiracy theorists /do/ know that they're selling crap.

Sure. You're probably right about that. But the poor saps who believe
this stuff and parrot it to everybody they meet? Well, some of them know
it's BS, but I get the feeling some of them genuinely believe it...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>   A magician shows you a trick, and you have *no idea whatsoever* how it
> could possibly work.

Reminds of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSLRjDR4aQ

But yes, I've run into this a few times too.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)