POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  People are crazy (Message 1 to 10 of 62)
From: Warp
Subject: People are crazy
Date: 24 Jul 2008 11:08:33
Message: <48889af0@news.povray.org>
Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)

  Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:08:33 -0400, Warp wrote:

> Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

Blog much? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?

It has some pretty scary health implications...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

And lo on Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:08:33 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

But it gets rid of my wrinkles and makes me look young and pretty!

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> But it gets rid of my wrinkles and makes me look young and pretty!

...is anybody ELSE creeped out by the idea of Phil being young and/or
pretty?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> >   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> > substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> > one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> > poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> > human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
> >
> >   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.
>
> Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?
>
> It has some pretty scary health implications...
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.  Inhaling
DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I can't
even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
excessive amounts of DMHO.

Isaac.

Post a reply to this message

"Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > Warp wrote:
> > >   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> > > substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> > > one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> > > poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> > > human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
> > >
> > >   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.
> >
> > Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?
> >
> > It has some pretty scary health implications...
> >
> > --
> > http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> > http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*
>
> There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
> intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.  Inhaling
> DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I can't
> even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
> excessive amounts of DMHO.
>
> Isaac.

Oops, thats DHMO not DMHO.  I just washed my hands today and can't do a thing
with them.

Isaac

Post a reply to this message

"Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message

> There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
> intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.
> Inhaling
> DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I
> can't
> even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
> excessive amounts of DMHO.

   Woaah. Heavy. Are we breathing this stuff in?

      ~Steve~

> Isaac.

Post a reply to this message