POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rocket Man Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Rocket Man (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Rocket Man
Date: 15 May 2008 11:52:00
Message: <op.ua7cwuiyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
Haven't seen anyone else comment on this yet so.

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20080514/swiss-built-personal-wings-jet-powers-man-into-air/

Perhaps it will advance to the point that you can take off from the ground
rather then be dropped from an aeroplane, but I can well imagine this
taking over from sky-diving as the latest thing to do if it hits the
mass-market. I mean I don't 'get' a lot of the jumping out of or off of
things crowd, but damn this looked so cool.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> Haven't seen anyone else comment on this yet so.

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20080514/swiss-built-personal-wings-jet-powers-man-into-air/

> Perhaps it will advance to the point that you can take off from the ground
> rather then be dropped from an aeroplane, but I can well imagine this
> taking over from sky-diving as the latest thing to do if it hits the
> mass-market. I mean I don't 'get' a lot of the jumping out of or off of
> things crowd, but damn this looked so cool.

  Hmm, I fail to see a relevant difference to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_hang_glider

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> Haven't seen anyone else comment on this yet so.

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20080514/swiss-built-personal-wings-jet-powers-man-into-air/

> Perhaps it will advance to the point that you can take off from the ground
> rather then be dropped from an aeroplane, but I can well imagine this
> taking over from sky-diving as the latest thing to do if it hits the
> mass-market. I mean I don't 'get' a lot of the jumping out of or off of
> things crowd, but damn this looked so cool.

 Phil, the guy is talking about it on radio 2 right now!

   ~Steve~

> --
> Phil Cook
>
> --
> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message