POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rocket Man Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Rocket Man (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: St
Subject: Re: Rocket Man
Date: 16 May 2008 04:25:58
Message: <482d4516@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Thu, 15 May 2008 18:05:14 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
> saying:

>>      Hmm, you probably missed that, but I bet he's on the telly tonight.
>> It's hot on the 'net apparently.
>
> Yep I'd just powered everything off to go home, didn't catch the news
> either as I went out pretty much straight after.

   Yeah, I thought it might be a little late. He was saying that he wanted
to launch from some mountain somewhere, and try for the full loop. So he
must have some extra power available because I don't think he'll do it at
186mph.

    ~Steve~

> --
> Phil Cook
>
> --
> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Fri, 16 May 2008 09:25:46 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>> And lo on Thu, 15 May 2008 18:05:14 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
>> saying:
>
>>>      Hmm, you probably missed that, but I bet he's on the telly
>>> tonight.
>>> It's hot on the 'net apparently.
>>
>> Yep I'd just powered everything off to go home, didn't catch the news
>> either as I went out pretty much straight after.
>
>    Yeah, I thought it might be a little late. He was saying that he
> wanted to launch from some mountain somewhere,

Base jumping with a 'rocket pack', yee ha!

> and try for the full loop. So he
> must have some extra power available because I don't think he'll do it at
> 186mph.

I was going to say I thought'd he done that already, but it was a roll
instead; try that in a powered hang-glider :-P

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> And lo on Fri, 16 May 2008 09:25:46 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
> saying:
>
>> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>>> And lo on Thu, 15 May 2008 18:05:14 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
>>> saying:

>>    Yeah, I thought it might be a little late. He was saying that he
>> wanted to launch from some mountain somewhere,
>
> Base jumping with a 'rocket pack', yee ha!

     LOL!  :o)

>> and try for the full loop. So he
>> must have some extra power available because I don't think he'll do it at
>> 186mph.
>
> I was going to say I thought'd he done that already, but it was a roll
> instead; try that in a powered hang-glider :-P

    No way! I'll leave that to Tom Galvin! :)

    ~Steve~

> --
> Phil Cook
>
> --
> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message