POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Underpowered Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Underpowered (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Underpowered
Date: 3 Mar 2009 05:42:43
Message: <49ad09a3$1@news.povray.org>
You know how when Firefox opens a new tab, it displays the little circle
of dots while it loads the page?

On my PC, that loads the CPU to 80%.

I think there's something wrong with my PC. Anything involving any kind
of graphics puts an absurd amount of load on the CPU. :-/

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:42:43 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>You know how when Firefox opens a new tab, it displays the little circle
>of dots while it loads the page?
>
>On my PC, that loads the CPU to 80%.
>
>I think there's something wrong with my PC. Anything involving any kind
>of graphics puts an absurd amount of load on the CPU. :-/

Even with your new super duper graphic card?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> You know how when Firefox opens a new tab, it displays the little circle
>> of dots while it loads the page?
>>
>> On my PC, that loads the CPU to 80%.
>>
>> I think there's something wrong with my PC. Anything involving any kind
>> of graphics puts an absurd amount of load on the CPU. :-/
>
> Even with your new super duper graphic card?

No - this is my *work* PC. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> I think there's something wrong with my PC. Anything involving any kind
> of graphics puts an absurd amount of load on the CPU. :-/

  No hardware acceleration?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> I think there's something wrong with my PC. Anything involving any kind
>> of graphics puts an absurd amount of load on the CPU. :-/
>
>   No hardware acceleration?

I vaguely recall that when I set the PC up, it would give me all the
video modes I wanted, but I couldn't actually find a specific driver for
it. I'm guessing that's the issue...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/