POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cup warmers.. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Cup warmers.. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Cup warmers..
Date: 11 Feb 2008 16:27:13
Message: <MPG.221a6b961e2f4a5898a0fd@news.povray.org>
I got one of these, plug into wall, turn on, forget to turn off an
wonder why stuff you dropped on your desk is melting, coffee cup
warmers. Actually, I bought several one day a while back and have one
next to my bed too. And I started to wonder, "Do they make resonance
based mugs and warmers?" Apparently, the answer to this is "no". But
seriously, it seems to me to be so damn simple a concept that its just
stupid they don't have them. You plug in something half as thick as the
one I am using, leave it turned on all the time, since it doesn't
generate heat of its own, and you have the coffee mug itself contain the
resonance coil, just like the special pans they make now for the same
sort of stove tops, so that when you place the damn thing on the pad, it
heats your coffee. Heck, you could even be real creative and make the
coil and pad resonate at a frequency that would let it recharge your
iPod at a distance, or something, like they have been talking about
recently.

Sure, if I want to fry a blasted egg on some massively expensive stove,
where I can't burn myself on the stove top, great, but why the frack
can't I use the same thing to keep the contents of my tea/coffee cup hot
enough to drink, especially since the one I use sucks at it? I would
think this was an unbelievably obvious idea.

Mind you, one reason I can think of is that a *single* company currently
holds all patents on it, and they just haven't bothered with something
so simple, going for large businesses, home kitchens, etc. instead. And
of course, this means that, at the moment, its probably not even
possible to design a similar product using the technology. :(

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();