POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : POV-Ray web interface posts.. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray web interface posts.. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: POV-Ray web interface posts..
Date: 28 Dec 2007 18:16:46
Message: <MPG.21df31a5660277ea98a0d0@news.povray.org>
I have noticed an issue trying to read some posts in the group. In my
client at least, the lines are not terminated properly via the web
interface, so the text is only visible if I turn on "show source", and
then it will only quote parts I specifically highlight before clicking
the follow up button (kind of like that behavior, sometimes, it saves
time deleting stuff I don't want to reply to... I guess most other
clients adjust for this, so it goes unnoticed. But something is
definitely not quite kosher with the web sites post system, even if I am
one of the few, if anyone else even is, affected.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();
      call DRM_everything();
    }
    call functional_code();
  }
  else
    call crash_windows();
}

> I have noticed an issue trying to read some posts in the group. In my
> client at least, the lines are not terminated properly via the web
> interface, so the text is only visible if I turn on "show source",

I noticed this too, but didn't bother to search for the reason why the posts
didn't show up, just figured that the POV web interface was doing something
weird as all other posts and news servers work fine.