POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
19 Oct 2024 02:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 501 to 510 of 588)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 12 Dec 2007 17:01:30
Message: <47605a3a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:02:27 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I don't know that it does - is there evidence/proof to suggest that it
>> does?
>
> Do you know who Abraham Lincoln was?  George Washington? Adolph Hitler?
> Julius Ceaser?

What's that got to do with souls?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Dec 2007 17:02:45
Message: <47605a85$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:00:42 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Huh, and here I thought he wiped out most of the planet with a great
>> flood....
>
> Actually, he quite demanded an awful lot of blood sacrifices. They were
> the only way to cleanse sin before Jesus came along. And of course, once
> you get into *human* sacrifice, and even diecide, then *finally* he's
> satisfied to just take your soul and not your life.

Yes, I had been thinking of some of those other stories - there was one
story I recall where God told a father to sacrifice his son (literally),
and at the last minute effectively said "Nah, I was only kidding; I
wanted to see how far you'd go".  If that's not sadism, I don't know what
is.

Jim

Post a reply to this message