POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Broken bucko Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Broken bucko (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Broken bucko
Date: 13 Jul 2020 02:50:49
Message: <5f0c0449$1@news.povray.org>
There's something wrong with me. From neck to groin I'm fine but I'm
sore and weak everywhere else (arms, hands, legs, feet) and my brain is
broken.  I can't concentrate on anything except re-reading trash novels
on the Kindle.  Even reading the news I lose interest in the middle of
an article and wander off.  Finishing my movie is really important to me
and I sit and stare at it for a minute and then wander off having
accomplished 0.

I did a nice 5 mile hike in February and by March it started with my
left knee and me wondering how long I could hold out before knee
replacement surgery.  Then that knee got a lot better as other parts
started whacking out.  For a while my hands were gnarled in a semi-fist
and I took up my guitar again (yea!) and used that as a therapy. A week
later my hands decided "no more fists for you! Now we like to be
straight". Thanks hands.
Sometimes I hurt so much that I've, half jokingly, modified one of my
personal truths to "They say getting old beats the alternative, but are
we *really sure* about that?"
It's not corona.  But I'm not dying and it's not corona so doctors
aren't interested. I had zoom calls and we tried 7 weeks of Doxycycline
for Lyme, but that wasn't it.
July I finally got routine blood work and my doctor said, "you take
these results home and hang them on the fridge. I have never seen such
good numbers in a 61 year old. Your good cholesterol is a little low
from lack of exercise but that's picking nits. Even your blood pressure
is good (120/70) which is very rare for someone your age. You be sure to
thank your parents for great genetics."
So I'm basically really healthy, I just feel like shit. Now we start the
"throw darts" section where there are 20 random blood tests being done
in hopes of hitting something. Of course, there is a 3 week wait for the
blood draw.

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)

Post a reply to this message

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> There's something wrong with me. From neck to groin I'm fine but I'm
> sore and weak everywhere else (arms, hands, legs, feet) and my brain is
> broken.  I can't concentrate on anything except re-reading trash novels
> on the Kindle.  Even reading the news I lose interest in the middle of
> an article and wander off.  Finishing my movie is really important to me
> and I sit and stare at it for a minute and then wander off having
> accomplished 0.
>
> I did a nice 5 mile hike in February and by March it started with my
> left knee and me wondering how long I could hold out before knee
> replacement surgery.  Then that knee got a lot better as other parts
> started whacking out.  For a while my hands were gnarled in a semi-fist
> and I took up my guitar again (yea!) and used that as a therapy. A week
> later my hands decided "no more fists for you! Now we like to be
> straight". Thanks hands.
> Sometimes I hurt so much that I've, half jokingly, modified one of my
> personal truths to "They say getting old beats the alternative, but are
> we *really sure* about that?"
> It's not corona.  But I'm not dying and it's not corona so doctors
> aren't interested. I had zoom calls and we tried 7 weeks of Doxycycline
> for Lyme, but that wasn't it.
> July I finally got routine blood work and my doctor said, "you take
> these results home and hang them on the fridge. I have never seen such
> good numbers in a 61 year old. Your good cholesterol is a little low
> from lack of exercise but that's picking nits. Even your blood pressure
> is good (120/70) which is very rare for someone your age. You be sure to
> thank your parents for great genetics."
> So I'm basically really healthy, I just feel like shit. Now we start the
> "throw darts" section where there are 20 random blood tests being done
> in hopes of hitting something. Of course, there is a 3 week wait for the
> blood draw.
>
> --
> dik
> Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)

My first hobby horse would have been Lyme, but you covered that.  My second
hobby horse is mercury. Had any dental work done?

Post a reply to this message

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> So I'm basically really healthy, I just feel like shit. Now we start the
> "throw darts" section where there are 20 random blood tests being done
> in hopes of hitting something. Of course, there is a 3 week wait for the
> blood draw.

 How about lead?
Hope you find the trouble.