POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some people can draw... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Some people can draw... (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Some people can draw...
Date: 3 Mar 2011 16:57:28
Message: <4d700ec8$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2011 9:35 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> I think that’s a misconception. Mozart was buried in a multiple grave
>> but that was common practice in Vienna at that time.
>
>  From wikipedia:
> There had been delays in calling a doctor—probably, according to
> Halliwell, because of a lack of funds.[26]
>
> However, you may very well be right. I was under the impression he was
> poor, certainly poor relative to his abilities.

I was listening to a radio programme the other day when I heard that
snippet. BBC Radio 3 so it must be right. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Mar 2011 17:16:28
Message: <4d70133c$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2011 09:03 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Music that's technically impressive, or music that people will
>> actually pay money for?
>
> Mozart died a pauper. :-)

I gather that in his own lifetime, Bach was known as a virtuoso
organist. But relatively *unknown* as an actual composer...

I wonder how many other "exceptional" composers were regarded as nothing
particularly special when they were actually live?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/