POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday WTF Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Friday WTF (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Friday WTF
Date: 23 Feb 2011 05:36:40
Message: <4d64e338$1@news.povray.org>
> I can't say about other sites, but here in the UK, every employee has
> Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook installed by default. We
> have volume licenses for all of them.

IME not many organisations buy Access for every employee.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 23 Feb 2011 05:46:43
Message: <4d64e593@news.povray.org>
On 23/02/2011 10:36 AM, scott wrote:
>> I can't say about other sites, but here in the UK, every employee has
>> Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook installed by default. We
>> have volume licenses for all of them.
>
> IME not many organisations buy Access for every employee.

OK, fair enough.

Still doesn't explain why *our* IT department uses spreadsheets. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 23 Feb 2011 11:45:47
Message: <4d6539bb$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Not really, no. Access may be hopeless as a "real" database, but it's
> pretty much ideal for quickly setting up small databases for
> non-critical stuff.

It's the microsoft equivalent of sqlite except back from when DBase was
considered heavy duty for a personal computer. You shouldn't really expect
it to be "real".

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"