POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 1ee7 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  1ee7 (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Darren New
Subject: 1ee7
Date: 1 Feb 2011 14:50:47
Message: <4d486417$1@news.povray.org>
Every single-digit power of two is a homophone in English

I am not 2 hungry, 4 I 8 food I 1.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"

From: Phil Cook v2
Subject: Re: 1ee7
Date: 2 Feb 2011 05:56:12
Message: <op.vp9vb2t2mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:50:46 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> Every single-digit power of two is a homophone in English
>
> I am not 2 hungry, 4 I 8 food I 1.

Which leads to the classic:

11 was a race horse
12 was one too.
11 won one race
12 won one too.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 2 Feb 2011 06:01:14
Message: <4d49397a$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/2011 10:56 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> Which leads to the classic:
>
> 11 was a race horse
> 12 was one too.
> 11 won one race
> 12 won one too.

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 2 Feb 2011 06:32:19
Message: <op.vp9wz9tnmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:01:12 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> On 02/02/2011 10:56 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> Which leads to the classic:
>>
>> 11 was a race horse
>> 12 was one too.
>> 11 won one race
>> 12 won one too.
>
> Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Though that's not number based, with punctuation and capitalisation I
prefer

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo.

Though the following also makes sense to me.

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo
buffalo.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

"Phil Cook v2" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> And lo On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:01:12 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
> spake thusly:
> > Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
>
> Though that's not number based, with punctuation and capitalisation I
> prefer
>
> Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo.
>
> Though the following also makes sense to me.
>
> Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo
> buffalo.

Argh! Brain melted. I had to look up wikipedia's breakdown, and even then I had
to read it several times. Excellent.

:)

Post a reply to this message