POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Product Mysteries (Message 70 to 79 of 79)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Product Mysteries
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:47:33
Message: <4d430135$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:33:17 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 28/01/2011 4:38 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Well, here in Utah, that's true if you're with AT&T.  With Verizon,
>> reception is pretty good everywhere I've been.
>>

> I would have thought that with either all those open spaces or canyon
> buildings, reception would be patchy. Well you live and learn.

When we moved into the ASC Tower (now the Wells Fargo tower), we
anticipated problems with cell reception, so they installed a device/
antenna system that boosted the carriers' signals inside the building.

> Did I ever mention that I used to use flight simulators? I spent hours
> on FS4. So much so my wife bought me a flying lesson for my 40th
> birthday. How could I have forgotten that I suffer from acrophobia? I’ve
> not used a flight simulator since.

I don't think you had mentioned that - I prefer X-Plane myself, but I
need a faster computer.  And as Ken's done with college after this
summer, I think a new computer might well be in the cards. :-)

>>> OK these were handhelds with power to reach the horizon.
>>
>> The horizon is a long ways away. ;-)
>>

> About 15 miles, all round. ;-)

True, though just try walking to it. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message