POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Product Mysteries (Message 21 to 30 of 79)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Product Mysteries
Date: 26 Jan 2011 04:16:07
Message: <4d3fe657$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/01/2011 05:26 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> It's extremely popular, apparently.
>
> The Z80 is the CPU of choice for things that need a low-power CPU. Like,
> digital voice recorders, toasters, remote controls, etc.

Indeed. Apparently there's significant demand for Z80 programmers.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2011 11:48:22
Message: <4d405056$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> On 25/01/2011 06:28 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> OK, so you can change the frequency weightings and how often a
>>> keyframe is put in, and so forth. I'm not seeing much that
>>> fundamentally changes the whole algorithm such that it might require
>>> less computer power.
>>
>> Making every frame a keyframe reduces the computing and memory you need.
>
> Presumably the bitrate is going to skyrocket if you do that though.

Yes. Or the quality sucks ass.

>> Not doing motion prediction reduces how much compute power you need.
>
> Does the standard actually allow that?

I would think so. All you have to do is say you didn't find any motion. Or
perhaps only look for identical pixels at the identical place (i.e., motion
prediction of zero velocity).

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"