POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. (Message 71 to 77 of 77)
From: Phil Cook v2
Subject: Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
Date: 4 Feb 2011 05:36:03
Message: <op.vqdjqluzmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:10:05 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake thusly:

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:00:54 +0000, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> A similar thing happened with "Sherlock" on the BBC. Not just to me but
>> to a large group with different model PVRs. It didn't start recording
>> until 20 minutes in. The BBc claimed it must have been the EPG at fault
>> despite the fact that it happily showed the programme starting at the
>> right time.
>
> Ouch, that's a shame.  Hope you got to see it, because that was a very
> well done series, I thought.

The benefits of a PS3 - iPlayer naturally hooked up to the TV. Even my
parents had to use theirs to watch "Lark Rise to Candleford" which
inexplicably failed to record; shame the official remote doesn't work with
the web/flash interface in terms of pause etc. though; they're not used to
the 'proper' controller.

But yes it was an enjoyable series I did like how both Mycroft and
Moriarty were introduced; it took nerve to mislead the audience in that
way as well as rely on their memory. I'm currently running through the
Jeremy Brett series and I find it interesting to note the touches that
both Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" and Downey's "Sherlock Holmes" lifted from
it.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com