POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 91 to 100 of 520)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 17 Jan 2011 12:50:11
Message: <4d348153$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> In general more power means you have more possibilities to do stuff to
> increase the quality.

Or, more bitrate means more switching means more power. Running a DAC at
22KHz is going to take lots more power than running it at 8KHz.

> the phone makers will be pushing very hard to get the power for all
> components as low as possible, every little helps!

As an example, the list of phone numbers to start ringing this second is
delivered in numerical order so your phone can wake up, watch the list go
by, and not have to stay turned on for the entire packet before turning off
if its number is not in the list.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: