POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 381 to 390 of 520)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 25 Jan 2011 05:27:54
Message: <4d3ea5aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2011 17:41, Patrick Elliott wrote:

>>> This is funnier than hell. You do realize that 100% of those
>>> advertisement are for products *produced* by the same company that you
>>> bought the DVD from? Who are they losing revenue from if you remove
>>> them, themselves?
>>
>>> Sure, you "might" see something you want to buy later,
>>
>> You seemed to answer your own question.
> Not really, because if I was interested in buying something else there
> are myriad other ways to find it, without having to run through 10
> minutes of crap, before getting to the movie.

I don't think they expect that 100% of people watching the adverts will
go out and buy something they otherwise wouldn't!  Some will though, and
that's the value of them.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jan 2011 05:30:14
Message: <4d3ea636$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/01/2011 10:27 AM, scott wrote:

> I don't think they expect that 100% of people watching the adverts will
> go out and buy something they otherwise wouldn't! Some will though, and
> that's the value of them.

The other day I was reading various stories about people who actually
fell for the Nigerian banker scam. I mean, seriously, WTF? How dumb
would you have to be? I am utterly mystified...

Post a reply to this message