POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 181 to 190 of 520)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 19 Jan 2011 04:13:16
Message: <4d36ab2c@news.povray.org>
On 18/01/2011 05:26 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> no split infinitive. :-)

Oh Christ no... >_<

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jan 2011 04:17:52
Message: <4d36ac40@news.povray.org>
On 18/01/2011 09:08 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Write a song that doesn't at least in some fundamental way
> follow basic musical structure, and it'll be nothing more than noise.

Ah - so you're familiar with Pink Floyd then? :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2011 04:30:59
Message: <4d36af53$1@news.povray.org>
>> Obviously they're not doing this on purpose, just that if there is some
>> tiny chance that people would rebuy, whereas without DRM they wouldn't,
>> then this would get factored in to the finances.
>
> I can't help it if they make bad or faulty assumptions in their pricing
> model.

Assuming people would follow the terms in the license agreement doesn't
seem bad or faulty to me.  Anyway in this case it seems like there is
little or no financial loss to them, but in other cases the DRM is key
to being able to offer the content at a lower price (or even free, eg
BBC iPlayer).  The problem is how to draw the line between what is right
and wrong from a legal point of view?

Post a reply to this message