POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2010: The year that just keeps getting better Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  2010: The year that just keeps getting better (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Invisible
Subject: 2010: The year that just keeps getting better
Date: 10 Jan 2011 05:45:12
Message: <4d2ae338$1@news.povray.org>
Oh baby.

Saturday night was the Christmas Ball. Yeah, it should have been a few
weeks ago, but it was postponed due to snow. (?!) So anyway, on Saturday
it finally went ahead. Obviously, the night involves lots of dancing,
just like any other event. But one incidental thing they also do is to
have a raffle, and to give out a couple of awards.

I'm sure you can all immediately see where this is going. Yes, I got the
award for the most improved Rock & Roll dancer of 2010. Once they get
the engraving done, my name will be on a shield besides several other
well-known luminaries of the dance school.

Not, you understand, that this is an award for actually being /the best
dancer/. That honour presumably belongs to one or other of the dance
school's students who have participated in national competitions and
come home with medals. (Oh yes, my dance school is actually /that
good/.) It's more an award for endeavour and enthusiasm. But still, of
all the rock & roll dancers in the entire school, they chose to hand the
award to me.

I did think to myself a few months ago that maybe if I try hard enough,
I might get it. But really, that was just wishful thinking. Now I have a
nice shiny cup to put on my shelf.

I've got a birthday party this weekend, and next weekend it's exam time
again. (I know!) I will hopefully be taking my silver exam, and possibly
gold as well. (It depends on whether Debbie thinks I can hack it.) All
good fun...

Post a reply to this message

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/