POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 26 to 35 of 465)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 8 Jan 2011 04:12:28
Message: <4d282a7b@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> This isn't the real problem. The real problem is that those who support
> it **do not want a result that contradicts the idea that the first part
> of the Bible is literally true**. The Vatican recently mumbled something
> about how they believe, "god created the big bang." The answer of one of
> the *major* proponents of the, "youngish earth, AiG, ID is real", dear
> old Ken Ham, had to this was, roughly, "If the big bang happened, then
> genesis would need to be wrong, or allegory, but if it was wrong, then
> the first 'marriage' would be false, sin wouldn't be real, etc., and it
> would fundamentally destroy everything from Christianity itself, to the
> sanctity of heterosexual marriage. Therefor, the Pope is wrong!"

> Its the first case of actual logic I have seen from the man. Yes Ken, if
> Genesis, which is the basis of virtually every bit of bullshit
> moralizing, persecution, and evil your religion has, or continues, to
> institute, was wrong, so would your entire religion. Congratulations on
> proving you can follow logic, even if you completely fail at accepting
> its conclusions. lol

  I think your view is biased. I don't see how "the story of Genesis is
only an allegory, it did not happen literally" would discredit the entirety
of christianity. For example the "sanctity of marriage" (assuming there is
such a thing) doesn't become any less so if the story of creation is
allegorical.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message