POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just what the world needs Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Just what the world needs (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Just what the world needs
Date: 30 Dec 2010 02:25:24
Message: <4d1c33e4$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrbabyman/prosthetic-tentacle-b7t

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Just what the world needs
Date: 30 Dec 2010 03:27:53
Message: <4d1c4289@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrbabyman/prosthetic-tentacle-b7t

  Hard to give the middle finger to people staring and giggling...

  (Although they certainly deserve it. If someone is missing a hand,
that's certainly not funny.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 31 Dec 2010 01:40:00
Message: <web.4d1d7a69d95a5b0196b08580@news.povray.org>
Looks uncannily like the kind of 'animatronic' tentacle that Hollywood special
effects people build--or used to, prior to CGI!--for monster movies. (I've built
them myself.) I've always wondered if the idea could be applied to a prosthetic
limb--although it would seem to have limited usefulness, IMO.

Another interesting idea for a prosthetic would be something like this 'robotic
gripper'...

http://www.toxel.com/tech/2010/11/06/universal-robotic-gripper/