POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lord of the Rings Inspired by an Ancient Epic Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Lord of the Rings Inspired by an Ancient Epic (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Warp
Subject: Lord of the Rings Inspired by an Ancient Epic
Date: 11 Dec 2010 07:00:07
Message: <4d0367c7@news.povray.org>
As a Finn, I find this article rather touching:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/12/1219_tolkienroots.html

  Likewise for this glimpse to the remote past of Finnish mythology
(mentioned in that article):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWeQJwESnDk

  I think it's sad that this tradition has basically died, being only
preserved in literature.

  More info about the mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalevala

--