POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music promoting science Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Music promoting science (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Music promoting science
Date: 8 Dec 2010 15:15:01
Message: <web.4cffe64f9d30108c966554e20@news.povray.org>
Hello,

This may be of interest to many - Some fellow has taken sound bites from several
scientists (mostly astronomers, I think) and made them into songs. The songs and
accompanying videos are downloadable and very enjoyable. The guy's stated
purpose is "...To deliver scientific knowledge and philosophy in musical form."
The website is http://symphonyofscience.com/

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

> This may be of interest to many - Some fellow has taken sound bites from several
> scientists (mostly astronomers, I think) and made them into songs. The songs and
> accompanying videos are downloadable and very enjoyable. The guy's stated
> purpose is "...To deliver scientific knowledge and philosophy in musical form."
> The website is http://symphonyofscience.com/
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

Interesting idea, but wayyyyyyy too much auto-tune.

Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Interesting idea, but wayyyyyyy too much auto-tune.

  And the alternative is...?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>> Interesting idea, but wayyyyyyy too much auto-tune.
>
>   And the alternative is...?

Sneaking in while Hawking is asleep and reprogramming his voice synthesizer?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

> > Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> >> Interesting idea, but wayyyyyyy too much auto-tune.
> >
> >   And the alternative is...?

> Sneaking in while Hawking is asleep and reprogramming his voice synthesizer?

  Maybe. Anyways, for some reason only the two first songs (the last ones
on that page, as they are from newest to oldest) are quite cool, but the
others are quite boring, IMO. Very inspirational text.

    A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way

    We are all connected
    To each other, biologically
    To the earth, chemically
    To the rest of the universe atomically

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Francois Labreque<fla### [at] videotronca>  wrote:
>> Interesting idea, but wayyyyyyy too much auto-tune.
>
>    And the alternative is...?

Either put the speech samples as-is over the music, like many electronic
musicians do, or... hip hop, maybe?