POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virus warning Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Virus warning (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Darren New
Subject: Virus warning
Date: 24 Nov 2010 13:04:58
Message: <4ced53ca@news.povray.org>
"BusinessGuysOnBusinessTrips.com" is distributing a password stealer virus
from their home page. If you visit there, you might want to check for it,
make sure it's blocked in your firewall, etc.  I don't know if there are
variants other than for Windows. MS Security Essentials finds it, and MS's
built-in firewall blocks it and alerts you if you have it set up to do so,
so it seems pretty easy to get rid of.

It's not funny enough to keep in my daily comic list after that, tho.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=PWS%3aWin32%2fZbot.gen!Y&threatid=2147632168

(I bring this up primarily because it is (A) a nasty virus and (B) I might
have recommended that site here at some point in the past.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: