POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language statistics Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Programming language statistics (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Programming language statistics
Date: 19 Nov 2010 05:45:31
Message: <4ce6554b$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

I just stumbled across this. Here, have some random numbers...

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Programming language statistics
Date: 19 Nov 2010 11:32:55
Message: <4ce6a6b7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> I just stumbled across this. Here, have some random numbers...

Yeah, they basically do a google search for classes being taught or
something. I'm pretty sure there's no useful sense in with RPG[*] is more
popular than VB.NET, for example.

[*] For those who don't know, RPG is the COBOL-era equivalent of Perl.
80-column lines, with each position having different letters meaning
something different in the output report, etc. It was basically the first
step up from unit record machines.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

> [*] For those who don't know, RPG is the COBOL-era equivalent of Perl.
> 80-column lines, with each position having different letters meaning
> something different in the output report, etc. It was basically the
> first step up from unit record machines.

any dice involved?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message