POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ipod docking station with a fake ipod? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Ipod docking station with a fake ipod? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Shay
Subject: Ipod docking station with a fake ipod?
Date: 28 Oct 2010 22:03:02
Message: <4cca2b56$1@news.povray.org>
I have a bicycle dock with a wireless remote that attaches to the
handlebars. I do NOT have an ipod. Ipods are kind of pricey. The
knockoffs are 1/4 the price and have the same 30-pin connectors. Will
the knockoff work in the docking station?

The docking station locks the ipod inside, leaving the controls
unaccessible. The remote is the only way to control the ipod with this
docking station. What are the chances the remote will work with a
knockoff ipod?

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:02:56 -0500, Shay wrote:

> I have a bicycle dock with a wireless remote that attaches to the
> handlebars. I do NOT have an ipod. Ipods are kind of pricey. The
> knockoffs are 1/4 the price and have the same 30-pin connectors. Will
> the knockoff work in the docking station?
>
> The docking station locks the ipod inside, leaving the controls
> unaccessible. The remote is the only way to control the ipod with this
> docking station. What are the chances the remote will work with a
> knockoff ipod?
>
>   -Shay

Does your knockoff have Bluetooth capability?  If it does, you might look
for an iPod bluetooth adapter - Sprint used to sell a device like that.

Jim