POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : the art of shadows Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  the art of shadows (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: bart
Subject: the art of shadows
Date: 14 Sep 2010 05:06:57
Message: <4c8f3b31@news.povray.org>
looks like an interesting idea:
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2010/09/13/art-created-using-shadows/

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: the art of shadows
Date: 14 Sep 2010 05:49:22
Message: <4c8f4522@news.povray.org>
On 14/09/2010 10:07 AM, bart wrote:
> looks like an interesting idea:
> http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2010/09/13/art-created-using-shadows/

I'm still trying to figure out how you create curved shadows using
objects that aren't curved, but still...

I wonder if this is easier or harder with POV-Ray?

Post a reply to this message

On 09/14/2010 10:49 AM, Invisible wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure out how you create curved shadows using
> objects that aren't curved, but still...

kind of a linear spline?

> I wonder if this is easier or harder with POV-Ray?

in principal, POV-Ray could help to animate this kind of shadows,
or, say, to make a digital sundial from the cloud of hanging objects...

Post a reply to this message