POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Priorities Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Priorities (Message 25 to 34 of 54)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Priorities
Date: 31 Aug 2010 15:48:13
Message: <4c7d5c7d$1@news.povray.org>

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 31 Aug 2010 16:40:36
Message: <4C7D68D8.4070805@gmail.com>
On 31-8-2010 20:25, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> It seems v2.0 may have some regression errors. Oh well. Back to beta
>> testing with you then.
>
> Hey, most people have to do something dull to earn a living. ;-)

Me neither. I am combining all sorts of knowledge and techniques that I
like (physics, 3D programs, signal analysis, writing software, a bit of
reverse engineering fileformats, electronics...) and they even pay me
for that.
If only someone else would write the papers life would be perfect.

I assume having an interesting personal life could make up a bit for
dull work. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 31 Aug 2010 17:03:10
Message: <4c7d6e0e$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/08/2010 9:40 PM, andrel wrote:
> If only someone else would write the papers life would be perfect.

Did you have to remind me? :-(

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 31 Aug 2010 18:33:36
Message: <4c7d8340@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Is that “interesting” as in the Chinese curse, “
may you live in

http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=585

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven:

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Sep 2010 07:43:06
Message: <4c7e3c4a$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/08/2010 11:33 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> Is that “interesting” as in the Chinese curse, “may you live in
>> interesting times”? ;-)
>

> http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=585

Interesting life and interesting times are two very different things. As
we both know. :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Verm
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:12:52
Message: <4c7e5154$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 8/30/2010 6:14 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>

>> Best. Monday. Ever.
>>

> I was at a loss for words until now.
>
> Now I have words: Oh...dear...God...
Is that "Oh dear, God...."
or
"Oh, dear God."?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:20:25
Message: <4c7e5319$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now I have words: Oh...dear...God...
> Is that "Oh dear, God...."
> or
> "Oh, dear God."?

I would suggest it's the latter.

Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
(Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:47:14
Message: <4c7e5962$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/31/2010 1:25 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Hey, most people have to do something dull to earn a living. ;-)

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
.
.
.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:51:57
Message: <4c7e5a7d@news.povray.org>
> Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
> (Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)

Oh it makes perfect sense, so that the interpretation is open for debate,
which inevitably leads to a court case whereby more legal-types can make
even more money :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Sep 2010 10:11:43
Message: <4c7e5f1f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
>> (Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)
>
> Oh it makes perfect sense, so that the interpretation is open for
> debate, which inevitably leads to a court case whereby more legal-types
> can make even more money :-)

Or rather, it makes perfect sense in that if it's open to
interpretation, you can interpret it in whatever way is most beneficial
to you. :-/