POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Absurd Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Absurd (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Absurd
Date: 25 Aug 2010 12:27:54
Message: <4c75448a$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/08/2010 5:03 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> Since, Hallowe’en is All-Hallows-Eve which is the evening before All
>> Saints' Day it is not incongruous that two Christian celebrations are
>> advertised together.
>
> Halloween is about as Christian as Christmas is, really.

True.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 25 Aug 2010 13:04:51
Message: <4c754d33$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/25/2010 7:30 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Today, on the 25th of August, I have just seen my first advert for
> something Christmas-related.

They are really trying to make it Christmas in July.....

I can't wait until it comes full circle and they start selling the stuff
in December again.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2010 17:50:49
Message: <4c759039$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:30:06 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Today, on the 25th of August, I have just seen my first advert for
> something Christmas-related.

You're lucky - here we occasionally see things as early as June....

> It's summer? Hello??

Hello. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Am 25.08.2010 23:50, schrieb Jim Henderson:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:30:06 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> Today, on the 25th of August, I have just seen my first advert for
>> something Christmas-related.
>
> You're lucky - here we occasionally see things as early as June....
>
>> It's summer? Hello??
>
> Hello. :-)

I guess "Hello World!" would be the appropriate answer here ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:13:13 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Am 25.08.2010 23:50, schrieb Jim Henderson:
>> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:30:06 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>>> Today, on the 25th of August, I have just seen my first advert for
>>> something Christmas-related.
>>
>> You're lucky - here we occasionally see things as early as June....
>>
>>> It's summer? Hello??
>>
>> Hello. :-)
>
> I guess "Hello World!" would be the appropriate answer here ;-)

LOL

Post a reply to this message