POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : imperial vs metric Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  imperial vs metric (Message 11 to 20 of 54)
From: scott
Subject: Re: imperial vs metric
Date: 24 Aug 2010 09:35:54
Message: <4c73caba$1@news.povray.org>
> Is it really any weirder than 273.15?
>
> Likewise, I don't think 9.81 is a more convenient constant than 32.2!

Sorry I meant the unnamed numerical constants in equations, rather than the
official named constants like 'g'.  I was just used to seeing simple
equations in text books with no numbers in them (just symbols) yet in one of
my books they use imperial units and almost every equation has some
numerical constant in it.  On top of that they find it necessary to write
the units needed for every quantity, which I guess have to tie up with the
constant.  It just looks messy (and presumably quite hard to remember),
that's all.

Post a reply to this message