POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Droid 2 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Droid 2 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Droid 2
Date: 17 Aug 2010 18:49:56
Message: <4c6b1214$1@news.povray.org>
Having just moved to middle-of-nowhere, Iowa, T-Mobile has 0 coverage.
So I switched to Verizon and got myself a newer phone, as my BlackBerry
is going on 4 years old.  I can now IRC and telnet from my phone, as
well as listen to Pandora without it not working.  Probably youtube,
too, but haven't tried that yet.  It has actual GPS so Google Maps
behaves a little nicer.  Screen sure is high resolution for being so
(relatively, compared to my 12" LifeBook) tiny...848x480 or such for
about 4 inches.

Well, it'd /better/ be the bee's knees, for what I paid for it.

Got to keep my same phone number, too.  Can't really tether it and use
it willy-nilly as a modem like I could with my BlackBerry (well, I
/can/, but will get in trouble if I abuse the bandwidth...5 GB/mo. cap
for if it's tethered, unlimited data if directly using phone
*supposedly*).  Of course, BlackBerry could only do 15 kb/s, so they
didn't particularly /care/ if I downloaded at max speed for days on end.
  Droid 2 has 3G.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net