POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be afraid Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Be afraid (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Be afraid
Date: 10 Aug 2010 11:04:12
Message: <4c616a6c$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Yeah, sure. I recite that daily from memory before I go to sleep...

Now there's a question: How do you unambiguously recite complex
mathematical expressions out loud?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 10 Aug 2010 11:30:38
Message: <4c61709e$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/08/2010 4:04 PM, Invisible wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>
>> Yeah, sure. I recite that daily from memory before I go to sleep...
>
> Now there's a question: How do you unambiguously recite complex
> mathematical expressions out loud?

With panache :-P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 10 Aug 2010 11:31:09
Message: <4c6170bd$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Yeah, sure. I recite that daily from memory before I go to sleep...

This would be a better use of your time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_point

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 10 Aug 2010 11:40:09
Message: <4c6172d9@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> (And yet, the *definition* of an algebraic
> number is one expressible by radicals...)

You might try looking up the definition of an algebraic number.

Post a reply to this message

>> (And yet, the *definition* of an algebraic number is one expressible
>> by radicals...)
>
> You might try looking up the definition of an algebraic number.

Heh, like I haven't already done *that*...

Post a reply to this message

Am 10.08.2010 17:31, schrieb Darren New:
> clipka wrote:
>> Yeah, sure. I recite that daily from memory before I go to sleep...
>
> This would be a better use of your time:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_point

Ah - but that's not a serious challenge; that's as easy as memorizing
E.A.Poe's "The Raven" (sort of), plus a few words...

<http://www.cadaeic.net/cadenza.htm>

Post a reply to this message

> Ah - but that's not a serious challenge; that's as easy as memorizing
> E.A.Poe's "The Raven" (sort of), plus a few words...

Clearly you have never had The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner inflicted
upon you...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> Yeah, sure. I recite that daily from memory before I go to sleep...
>
> This would be a better use of your time:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_point

Kate does 116 if I have counted correctly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZSHr5E7fZY

Post a reply to this message

From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 10 Aug 2010 22:40:37
Message: <87k4nx27lq.fsf@fester.com>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> writes:

> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> (And yet, the *definition* of an algebraic number is one expressible
>>> by radicals...)
>>
>> You might try looking up the definition of an algebraic number.
>
> Heh, like I haven't already done *that*...

To be explicit, that's *not* the definition of an algebraic number.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 11 Aug 2010 03:52:31
Message: <4c6256bf$1@news.povray.org>
>>> You might try looking up the definition of an algebraic number.
>> Heh, like I haven't already done *that*...
>
> To be explicit, that's *not* the definition of an algebraic number.

Really? I was sure an algebraic number is any number computable using
only addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and extraction of
roots.

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>