POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Worth 1000 words (Message 41 to 50 of 50)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Worth 1000 words
Date: 6 Aug 2010 08:18:34
Message: <4c5bfd9a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now me, I don't think I have the right physique. I'd just look silly. (I
>> mean, I do anyway I guess...) Besides, all that gear is *far* too hot to
>> dance in.
>
> It is not my style either. Anyway those clothes are for chatting up the
> birds not for high kicks.

Well, yeah, basically. Other people can dress to impress; I *dance* to
impress! ;-) I'm all about action, not pose.

>> The little old biddy in the coffe shop yesterday said "do the charity
>> shops".
>>
>> If you stop and think about that for a moment... it's quite insightful.

Well, I guess.

But think about it - there must be people who were *there* in the 50s,
and bought the authentic gear. It ain't gonna fit now, is it? ;-)

> If you were
> interested you could probably find something at a market in London (wash
> my mouth out ;-)) such as Camden Market.

Well, yeah, there is that too... if I was actually interested. ;-)

>>> Photographs? ;-)
>>
>> ....you *want* to see me wearing almost nothing?!? O_O
>
> Not personally but it would be a good laugh if you did. :-P

I keep promising my classmates I'll get myself a bikini one day. :-P

>> Yeah, well, "rock & roll" belongs to a whole constellation of similar
>> but different dances. There's Rock & Roll, Jive, Swing, Lindy Hop...
>
> And bebop etc.

Oh, the list goes on and on...

>>> Hand jiving is more my style, now-a-days. :-)
>>
>> Oh yeah - what *the hell* is the hand jive?! A couple of ladies where
>> doing that at the gig last week... really bizare!
>
> Something to do in cafes where there is no space to get up and dance.
> Also shows how hip you are.

Seriously?!

Well, by that metric, Pam and Lynn are way hipper than me!

(Also... they did this at Wellingborough, which was approximately 80%
empty at the time. So hardly necessary, eh? Probably takes a lot less
energy tho.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 06/08/2010 1:18 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Well, yeah, basically. Other people can dress to impress; I *dance* to
> impress! ;-) I'm all about action, not pose.

Right on!

> Well, I guess.
>
> But think about it - there must be people who were *there* in the 50s,
> and bought the authentic gear. It ain't gonna fit now, is it? ;-)

Unless they were buried in them. O_o

>>> ....you *want* to see me wearing almost nothing?!? O_O
>>
>> Not personally but it would be a good laugh if you did. :-P
>
> I keep promising my classmates I'll get myself a bikini one day. :-P

Go for it!

>>> Oh yeah - what *the hell* is the hand jive?! A couple of ladies where
>>> doing that at the gig last week... really bizare!
>>
>> Something to do in cafes where there is no space to get up and dance.
>> Also shows how hip you are.
>
> Seriously?!
>
> Well, by that metric, Pam and Lynn are way hipper than me!

Are you looking for an argument? :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrQTh_Cq7U

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, yeah, basically. Other people can dress to impress; I *dance* to
>> impress! ;-) I'm all about action, not pose.
>
> Right on!

Heh, I just read this. Did I really write that? Is this *me* we're
talking about?? Since when do *I* talk about being all action?! O_O

>> I keep promising my classmates I'll get myself a bikini one day. :-P
>
> Go for it!

How about "no"? :-P

>>> Something to do in cafes where there is no space to get up and dance.
>>> Also shows how hip you are.
>>
>> Seriously?!
>>
>> Well, by that metric, Pam and Lynn are way hipper than me!
>
> Are you looking for an argument? :-P

Uh... no. Still, there are some things that dance school just doesn't
teach you. ;-)

>> (Also... they did this at Wellingborough, which was approximately 80%
>> empty at the time. So hardly necessary, eh? Probably takes a lot less
>> energy tho.)
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrQTh_Cq7U

Well, *they* look like they're having a laugh...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 06/08/2010 2:36 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Heh, I just read this.

> Did I really write that?

Yip!

> Is this *me* we're talking about??

Yip!

> Since when do *I* talk about being all action?! O_O

I don't know but keep it up. :-D

>> Go for it!
>
> How about "no"? :-P

That is acceptable.

>> Are you looking for an argument? :-P
>
> Uh... no. Still, there are some things that dance school just doesn't
> teach you. ;-)

But news.povray,org does.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrQTh_Cq7U
>
> Well, *they* look like they're having a laugh...

Look, learn and amaze your class. :-D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Since when do *I* talk about being all action?! O_O
>
> I don't know but keep it up. :-D

Man, dancing goes crazy things to me!

Heh, Steve said it would. I never believed him for a moment... but here
we are!

>>> Are you looking for an argument? :-P
>>
>> Uh... no. Still, there are some things that dance school just doesn't
>> teach you. ;-)
>
> But news.povray.org does.

Something like that. ;-)

--