POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imagemagick Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Imagemagick (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: M a r c
Subject: Re: Imagemagick
Date: 5 Aug 2010 14:33:21
Message: <4c5b03f1$1@news.povray.org>

4c5ad1ac@news.povray.org...

>> There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
>> them - he's Finnish.
>
>  Maybe in the country he lives in it's all the same... Germany, Finland...
> what's the difference? Crazy Europeans all of them. ;)
>
>  (Well, not that I can blame anybody. For example to me places like
> Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana are all the same. South
> United States. Aren't they all the same? To locals this might be a
> sacrilege for all I know... :P )

Let's call it "perspective" :)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 5 Aug 2010 16:25:00
Message: <web.4c5b1d21787eed84773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Am 03.08.2010 22:47, schrieb nemesis:
>
> > > "   6.  The joke is German, where a lot of jokes are explained in the end, for
> > > some reason."
> > >
> > > zat's for Warp and clipka... LOL
>
> > There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
> > them - he's Finnish.
>
>   Maybe in the country he lives in it's all the same... Germany, Finland...
> what's the difference? Crazy Europeans all of them. ;)

Germany gave us Bach and Beethoven.  Finland gave us ice and Linux. :)

no, I knew you were finn, just forgot it while writing...

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 5 Aug 2010 22:35:45
Message: <4c5b7501$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/3/2010 1:08 PM, Darren New wrote:
> I must say, the UI to this set of programs really, really sucks.
>
> I far prefer netpbm, where each program did one thing well, read stdin
> and wrote stdout, and didn't reuse the same command-line arguments for a
> bunch of different meanings and have all kinds of bizarre option-order
> conditions.

They have an awesome set of tutorials that kind of make up for it. I
would much rather use a scripting language (or less preferably XML)
instead of tacking on an endless series of command-line arguments, though.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message