POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imagemagick Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Imagemagick (Message 18 to 27 of 27)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Imagemagick
Date: 4 Aug 2010 12:40:00
Message: <web.4c5997a3787eed84f48316a30@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "   6.  The joke is German, where a lot of jokes are explained in the end, for
> > some reason."
>
> > zat's for Warp and clipka... LOL
>
>   I don't get it. I'm not German.

close enough... :p

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2010 17:18:07
Message: <4c59d90f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.08.2010 22:47, schrieb nemesis:

> "   6.  The joke is German, where a lot of jokes are explained in the end, for
> some reason."
>
> zat's for Warp and clipka... LOL

There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
them - he's Finnish.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 5 Aug 2010 10:58:52
Message: <4c5ad1ac@news.povray.org>
> Am 03.08.2010 22:47, schrieb nemesis:

> > "   6.  The joke is German, where a lot of jokes are explained in the end, for
> > some reason."
> >
> > zat's for Warp and clipka... LOL

> There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
> them - he's Finnish.

  Maybe in the country he lives in it's all the same... Germany, Finland...
what's the difference? Crazy Europeans all of them. ;)

  (Well, not that I can blame anybody. For example to me places like
Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana are all the same. South
United States. Aren't they all the same? To locals this might be a
sacrilege for all I know... :P )

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
>> them - he's Finnish.
>
>  Maybe in the country he lives in it's all the same... Germany, Finland...
> what's the difference? Crazy Europeans all of them. ;)
>
>  (Well, not that I can blame anybody. For example to me places like
> Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana are all the same. South
> United States. Aren't they all the same? To locals this might be a
> sacrilege for all I know... :P )

Let's call it "perspective" :)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> > > "   6.  The joke is German, where a lot of jokes are explained in the end, for
> > > some reason."
> > >
> > > zat's for Warp and clipka... LOL
>
> > There are a few Germans in the POV-Ray community, but Warp's not one of
> > them - he's Finnish.
>
>   Maybe in the country he lives in it's all the same... Germany, Finland...
> what's the difference? Crazy Europeans all of them. ;)

Germany gave us Bach and Beethoven.  Finland gave us ice and Linux. :)

no, I knew you were finn, just forgot it while writing...

Post a reply to this message