POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Combinatorial explosion Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Combinatorial explosion (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Invisible
Subject: Combinatorial explosion
Date: 2 Aug 2010 08:13:49
Message: <4c56b67d@news.povray.org>
If one grain of rise weights 2 mg, then 2^64 - 1 grains of rice weigh
about 36,000,000,000 metric tonnes (i.e., thirty six thousand million).

That's a crapload of rice! (Wolfram Alpha claims it's roughly 50% of the
total biomass on planet Earth.)

I guess the moral of the story is do NOT screw with exponential
functions. (!!)

Post a reply to this message