POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question of energy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  A question of energy (Message 31 to 31 of 31)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A question of energy
Date: 4 Aug 2010 05:53:13
Message: <4c593889@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> And then you have to wonder, how the hell can the heart monitor
>> determine how many calories you're burning just from your heart rate?
>
> Presumably it just has some kind of lookup table or formula based on
> heart rate, age and weight (assuming you entered those values, I had to
> on mine), taken from actual experiments on humans.

I don't think mine has that data. Presumably it's just estimating based
on the population average or something then. It strikes me that even
with fairly accurate physical data, it would be a fairly vague estimate.

That reminds me - I need to go read the manual to find out how the hell
to turn off the beeping...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/