POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irrelevant Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Irrelevant (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Irrelevant
Date: 28 Jul 2010 15:22:56
Message: <4c508390@news.povray.org>
> If you want to see *bad* dancing:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEShQ2SXK8

> This is the first search result for "John Sargent". His name has become
> synonymous with abysmal dancing. Dancing *so bad* that people were
> actually voting to keep him in the competition _because_ he's so bad
> it's amusing.

  Hmm... Is that "bad" dancing because "he has next to no experience or
talent, and just doesn't know how to move", or is it "bad" dancing because
"his style of dancing (which he has clearly practiced) is too simplistic
and banal to be considered 'good' by any standard"?

  I didn't see that performance as bad at all. Both had clearly practiced
that dance, and they seemed to perform the dance without visible errors
(at least to a completely unexperienced layman's eye). The *style* of the
dance was rather unique and simplistic, but is that "bad"?

--
                                                          - Warp