POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lifes little problems Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Lifes little problems (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Invisible
Subject: Lifes little problems
Date: 26 Jul 2010 11:20:41
Message: <4c4da7c9$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I've got to decommission a laptop. This one is slightly weird:
It's an Acer TravelMate C200.

Anyway, I powered it on, had a look around, there's no important files
on it. So I put a CD in the drive, shut it down, went to turn it back on
to erase it... except it won't turn on.

I've now spent about 30 minutes trying to force it to turn on. It will
*not* turn on!! >_<

So, anybody have any theories as to why it worked 12 seconds ago, but
then stopped working completely?

I would really, really like to make it switch on. At the very least, I
want my CD back! (No, there's no eject port.) And I'd prefer to just run
my erase tool from the laptop rather than having to disassemble it,
extract the harddrive, put it in a cradle and connect it to a desktop in
order to erase it.

Damnit, I hate it when simple jobs go bad...

Post a reply to this message

> Damnit, I hate it when simple jobs go bad...

Oh, *now* it works... WTF?

Damn screwy thing! :-P

Post a reply to this message